LISTEN TO AGAINST ME! COVER “PEOPLE WHO DIED” (ORIGINALLY
MADE FAMOUS BY THE JIM CARROLL BAND) FROM SONGS THAT SAVED MY LIFE
HOPELESS RECORDS ALONG WITH THEIR NON PROFIT ORGANIZATION SUB CITY
ANNOUNCE, ON WORLD SUICIDE PREVENTION DAY, A NEW PROJECT TO
BENEFIT MENTAL HEALTH AND SUICIDE PREVENTION ORGANIZATIONS
COMPILATION ALBUM TO BE RELEASED ON NOVEMBER 9 THROUGH HOPELESS RECORDS
ALBUM NOW AVAILABLE FOR PRE-ORDER
STREAM THE SONG NOW ON PEOPLE.COM
Fans can stream Against Me!’s cover of “People Who Died” (originally made famous by The Jim Carroll Band) now on People Magazine. The song is taken from Songs That Saved My Life, a brand centered around music that has played a pivotal role in the lives of artists and fans and that benefits mental health and suicide prevention charities. The compilation will be released on November 9 through Hopeless Records and includes covers from bands like Neck Deep, Against Me!, Taking Back Sunday, Dan Campbell and Ace Enders, Movements, The Maine, Dance Gavin Dance, and more. Full track listing can be found below.
“Choosing to cover a song that is filled with death to be featured on a compilation dedicated to the thought that music can save your life seemed completely fitting to me,” says Against Me! vocalist and guitarist Laura Jane Grace. “I’ve always thought music was about taking all the sadness, pain, fear and trouble that you have weighing on you and turning it into something empowering, celebratory and life-affirming.”
Listen to the song HERE.
Songs That Saved My Life looks to engage current artists with cover versions of those songs and share those stories with the world. This project benefits a variety of mental health and suicide prevention organizations. Currently, this project benefits Crisis Text Line, Hope For The Day, The Trevor Project, and To Write Love On Her Arms.
Last month, the Songs That Saved My Life grant was announced. The $10,000 grant will be awarded to a fan or band partnering with a non-profit organization related to mental health awareness and/or suicide prevention. Applications are open now and due on October 12th. To apply, visit songsthatsavedmylife.com/grant.
Songs That Saved My Life Track Listing:
1. Neck Deep – Torn (originally made famous by Natalie Imbruglia)
2. Movements – Losing My Religion (originally made famous by R.E.M.)
3. Stand Atlantic – Your Graduation (originally made famous by Modern Baseball)
4. Dance Gavin Dance – Semi Charmed Life (originally made famous by Third Eye Blind)
5. Against Me! – People Who Died (originally made famous by The Jim Carroll Band)
6. Taking Back Sunday – Bullet With Butterfly Wings (originally made famous by Smashing Pumpkins)
7. Dream State – Crawling (originally made famous by Linkin Park)
8. As It Is – Such Great Heights (originally made famous by The Postal Service)
9. Oceans Ate Alaska – Shape of my Heart (originally made famous by Sting)
10. Too Close To Touch – Let It Be (originally made famous by The Beatles)
11. Dan Campbell & Ace Enders – Broom People (originally made famous by The Mountain Goats)
12. The Maine – Transatlanticism (originally made famous by Death Cab For Cutie)
Songs That Saved My Life is now available for pre-order at www.songsthatsavedmylife.com.
When fans pre-order digitally through iTunes, they will receive and instant grat download of Neck Deep’s cover of “Torn”. It is also now available to stream through Apple Music and Spotify. Fans can watch the music video for Neck Deep’s cover of “Torn” here: http://smarturl.it/TornVideo
Sub City, the 501(c)(3) non-profit arm of Hopeless, donates funds and raises awareness for various non-profit organizations by connecting artists, fans and causes they are passionate about. Sub City has raised over 2.5 million dollars for more than 50 non-profit organizations including Living the Dream, It Gets Better Project, A Place Called Home, DoSomething.org, and New Directions for Youth.
Learn more about the benefiting organizations from Songs That Saved My Life:
Crisis Text Line
Crisis Text Line offers free, 24/7 support for people in crisis via text. We support people across a range of crises from anxiety and depression, to self-harm and suicide, and lots of crises in between, to help them get from a hot moment to a cool calm.
Text HOME to 741741
For more information visit: https://www.crisistextline.org
Hope For The Day
Hope for the Day achieves proactive suicide prevention by providing outreach and mental health education through self-expression platforms. It’s ok not to be ok, have hope.
For more information visit: https://www.hftd.org
The Trevor Project
The Trevor Project is the leading national organization providing crisis intervention and suicide prevention services to lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning (LGBTQ) young people ages 13-24. The mission of The Trevor Project is to end suicide among gay, lesbian, bisexual, transgender, queer & questioning young people.
For more information visit: https://www.thetrevorproject.org
To Write Love On Her Arms
To Write Love On Her Arms is a non-profit movement dedicated to presenting hope and finding help for people struggling with depression, addiction, self-injury, and suicide. TWLOHA exists to encourage, inform, inspire, and also to invest directly into treatment and recovery.
For more information visit: https://twloha.com
- GUNS N’ ROSES’ DUFF McKAGAN RELEASES “CHIP AWAY” AND ANNOUNCES MAY 31ST RELEASE FOR SOLO ALBUM TENDERNESS
- Ted Nugent Announces New Full-Length Album Titled “The Music Made Me Do It”
- Shonen Knife Are ALIVE! IN THE U.S.A Full US Tour Begins August 28
- BMG to Reissue DIO’s Classic 1996 – 2004 Studio Albums
- Against Me! Cover “People Who Died” for “Songs That Saved My Life” Compilation