These days, a professional-looking website is a clear must-have for any business, blog, online store or non-profit organization. But that not just any website will do!
Follow our 7 tips to create a website that sets you apart.
1. Set a Clear Goal
Make sure to start with a clear goal for your website. Is the primary goal to sell your products? Create a community? Provide information?
Whatever your goal may be, your site should be reflected through language and design, taking into consideration also your target audience.
2. Create a Mobile Responsive Website
Do you know that almost every shopper in a retail store will compare a product online before making a purchase? More than 50% of all searches now come from mobile devices, and a greater percentage of online shoppers that finalize their purchases on mobile devices also continue to grow.
All this makes it quintessential for you to have a mobile responsive website. It should render efficiently on any smartphone, tablet, or even television screens. this will also make it easier to navigate your website on any device.
3. Easier Navigation
Effective navigation refers to how easy it is for your users to access the various pages on your site. Good site navigation is beneficial for your website and business in so many ways.
- Longer Visits & Reduced Bounce Rates: A website that is easy to navigate increases the time spent by visitors. They are more likely to spend time exploring your site and searching for information. If they find that your site is difficult to navigate, they are highly likely to leave, thus increasing the bounce rate.
- Increased Purchases: Strategic navigation makes it easy for customers to view and purchase products. It provides a clear path or direction to buying your products. This results in increasing your chances of selling more products if you have an online store.
There are many more benefits of creating a website that is easy to navigate.
As a rule of thumb, try to:
- Keep the main menu limited to 5 clear tabs
- Make sure all the related pages are organized under these 5 tabs
- Make it easy to get back to the home page with just a single click
- Provide an easy-to-use search bar as well
4. Quality Web Hosting
Hosting can be considered as your website’s foundation. There are many reasons why you should choose a high-quality hosting provider.
- High Uptime: A quality hosting service provides very high uptime. This allows your visitors to find your website up and running at all times. A poor quality web hosting service can mean high downtime and sending off a significant number of your visitors.
- Higher Security: High-quality web hosting also means a high level of security. This will allow you to store all kinds of information on the servers without any worries. Your website and database will be less vulnerable to potential threats.
- Faster Loading: Page load speed is one of the most important factors for your visitors. It is also an important ranking factor in Google’s search algorithm. Only a quality hosting service can provide faster speeds.
And it is possible to find high-quality, free hosting services that provide all these benefits.
5. Create Original Content
Original web content helps you stand out from the crowd in the digital world. Your website should have original, unique, informative, and focused content to provide value.
There are many ways in which quality content can make a difference.
- Increases Credibility: Original content helps demonstrate your authority in your niche. When your target audience, partners, and other stakeholders see your in-depth knowledge in your niche, it builds trust and confidence.
- Improved Search Rankings: Original and high-quality content also helps improve your search engine rankings. It is also recommended to add a blog to your website and update it regularly with new and unique content.
When your website is updated regularly with fresh content, it will further contribute to improved search rankings.
6. Add Blog & Live Chat
Make sure to add a blog and live chat feature to your website. This can be a great way to establish your authority in your niche and generate quality link profile. A well-maintained blog means that Google will have new content to crawl and index regularly, which may increase your organic rankings and this increase organic traffic to your site.
7. Keep Future Growth in Mind
When creating your website, it is important to keep your business’ future growth in mind. Your business is going to grow with time. It will be required to expand your website too. This needs to be addressed both at the website’s design and hosting levels. New pages and content will need to be added. Besides, your site will require more storage space and resources to accommodate the growth in content and data.
Some of the points that need to be addressed in this regard include the following:
- Always choose a reputable platform for designing and hosting your website.
- The design should be flexible, allowing you to expand as and when required.
- Choose a platform that can support larger websites. If your business grows, it should be easy to find a plan to accommodate your new website with more content, data, and features.
- Once you have chosen a platform, migrating to another host can be difficult and time-consuming.
A website is a dynamic entity that supplements your business. It is best to learn more about website creation stats. This will help you get deeper insights into creating a better website.