Ooty also called Ootacamund is known as the Queen of Hill Stations. It is reputed for its scenic splendor and is located in the south Indian state of Tamil Nadu. The place attracts many thousands of visitors from across India. Located in Nilgiri Hills, it is at the height of 2200 meters above sea level and enjoys pleasant weather year round. The landscape is framed by lush tea plantations whose roots can be traced back to the era of the British Raj. Its lush surroundings attract honeymooners and nature lovers to its lap. With help of Oyo Rooms Offers find a place to stay in Ooty all through the year.
- Visit the Botanical Gardens – The Botanical Garden is a massive area on the slopes of the Doddabetta Peak filled with many varieties of trees from various parts of the world. The place draws people at all times, and they visit the 22-hectare garden built by the architect William Graham McIvor in 1847. There are numerous gardeners hard at work keeping the place in superb condition. Inside one can find an area known as Toda Hill which helps tourists learn about the history of the tribals who once lived in the region. The park is divided into several zones – Lower Garden, Italian Garden, New Gardens, etc. Flower shows are held throughout the year, and majestic blooms are on display. There is a minimum entry fee charged by the government.
- Go boating in Ooty Lake – The Ooty Lake is the central attraction of Ooty. It is quiet and serene with a gentle cool breeze wafting over its surface. It is an artificial lake that covers 6 hectares and surrounded on all sides by majestic Eucalyptus trees. Many different types of boats are available for hire and enjoying the lake from the water is a favorite activity of tourists. Regattas are organized in the month of May. Located about 23 km from Ooty, it is an ideal picnic spot.
- Doddabetta Peak – The Doddabetta Peak is the highest point in the Nilgiri Hills. It is situated about 9 km away from Ooty. It has to be included as part of any trip to Ooty. Climb to the top of this peak and rejoice the view of the surrounding forests and the green and verdant valley. It is an ideal location for travel photographers. There is a telescope at the top of Doddabetta Peak. It allows tourists to have a closer look at the surroundings. Doddabetta Peak also allows the opportunity for those who wish to hike along its many trails. Travel to Doddabetta Peak using Uber Offers.
- Strolling at the Rose Garden – The largest rose garden in India is located in Ooty. There are 20,000 sub-species of roses. The exuberant growth and sweet fragrance fill the air with magic that draws visitors from every corner of India. It is located at the heart of the hill station and is very well planned to make it easy to cover the garden in few hours of a slow stroll. If you live at center of Ooty using Oyo Room Coupon the rose garden will be very close.
- Pykara River and Falls – Located about 20 km from Ooty the Pykara River is sacred to the Toda people. They are tribals who were original inhabitants of the place. The origin of the Pykara River is at Mukurthi Peak. It first flows north and then at the edge of the Deccan Plateau turns westwards. There are two falls with a height of 55 – 62 meters near Ooty. There is a boathouse and restaurant for day trippers from Ooty who have used Uber Coupons to reach.
- Mukurthi National Park – Mukurthi National Park is situated to the south and east of Nilgiri Hills. There are mountain grasslands and many species of flora and fauna to see. The park sprawls over 79 square, and the main species which can be found are Nilgiri Tahr, barking deer, panther, elephant, and jackal.
Visiting Ooty is one of the most essential of life experiences. The beauty of this hill station lies in its ethereal beauty and quiet surroundings. It is ideal for rest and solitude to recover from the rigors of city life.