Ever since Sweden created a new Gambling Act, people have been having questions about what they can and can’t do. This act was created as a way to bring some order to the market, and casinos that want to operate legally in Sweden now have to follow several rules and get a license.
Many casinos rushed to get this license, some continued operating without a license and some pulled out of the market completely. While playing with licensed casinos only is recommended, you should also be aware that there are reasons to work with an unlicensed casino as well. You can read more about the gambling act here.
Here are some areas that the Act touched upon and regulated:
- The number of bonuses – Casinos with a license are not allowed to give more than one bonus and that’s usually the welcome bonus. Even if your favorite casino used to give plenty of bonuses and fun offers, now they are not allowed to do this anymore. It’s mostly a way to block addiction.
- Limitations of the deposit – To fight gambling addictions, the Act set certain limitations when it comes to the amount of money you can put into your account. They also allow you to set the limit on the amount of money you can lose, so you are protected in a way, yet limited. When a user reaches these limits, they can’t play until the new period starts.
- The necessity of Bank ID – Now all licensed casinos have to have a Bank ID registration process which is not suitable for people without the Bank ID.
- The waiting period – You can no longer spin the slot as many times as you want to, you have to wait for 3 seconds before you can spin again.
- Can’t play if you self-excluded – As another way to fight gambling addiction, the Act created a way for you to exclude yourself from all licensed casinos and you can’t play until the exclusion period is done. While this is a good idea for addicts, it can be bad for people that actually want to play.
This might not be a problem for most people, but it takes a lot of fun out of online gambling. Not being able to spin a slot as quickly as you want or the fact that you have to have BankID is a bit annoying.
But the good news is that casinos without a license can still operate in Sweden. For example, a global site can easily do this. It’s not illegal in any way. Yet, the new laws claim that the players need to be protected and that there will be less competition between casinos. Still, it’s not like anyone can forbid a Swedish player to play on a global site as much as they want.
Also, players should always err on the safe side and pick sites that they know and trust. There are several trustworthy websites out there and you can check them out easily. They are also the type of sites you often see on the “top ten” lists. See which ones you like and enjoy your gambling.
They have a lot to offer and they are not illegal in the real sense of the word. No one can punish you in any way for gambling with them. They don’t have to comply with the laws that the government has in place and thus, they offer a better, freer experience. You can gamble without limits when it comes to money, the number of spins, verification and so on.
Benefits of Casinos Without a License
Here are some of the benefits of playing with an unlicensed casino.
A licensed casino would only be able to offer you a single welcome bonus. They are limited by the law and can’t give you anything more. However, a casino without a license can give you many different bonuses. As stated on sites like https://onlinecasinopanda.se/casino-utan-licens-spelpaus/, there are VIP programs, bonuses for deposits, cashback, free spins and so on. So, in this sense, a casino without a license can be a lot more fun.
No 3-second Rule
If you gamble at a licensed casino, you will have to wait for three seconds between two spins because that’s the law. It was installed as a way for the government to reduce the amount of gambling addiction. For example, user spinning slots would have to wait for three seconds and maybe give up because of that or at least think the next spin through. This is not good for people who are used to a fast-paced environment. A casino without a license doesn’t have to obey this rule which means that you will be able to spin as much as you like.
No Deposit or Loss Limits
The new law for licensed casinos states that all users have to have a limit to their accounts, both when it comes to the amount of deposit they can make and the loss they can suffer. While this is not all bad, it’s quite restricting because there is no way you can change those limits. So, when you reach all of those, you can’t play anymore until the next period starts. This is the annoying part.
But, a casino without a license is not pressured to comply with this and there are no limits to how much you can deposit or lose.
You Don’t Have to Have A BankID
Players with licensing casinos will have to have their accounts verified through BankID. Most people do have these, but there are also people who don’t. These are the people that will have some issues with it. Luckily, they can go to casinos without a license.
You Can’t Suspend Yourself
The new gambling law states that players who want to can suspend themselves from gambling on all licensed websites. While this is good for people with real problems, it’s not really that great because you can’t play again until your suspension period ends. So, it’s quite limiting. Of course, if a casino isn’t licensed it doesn’t have to comply with this rule and you can easily gamble there.