Disney On Ice presents Rockin’ Ever After
Jolts the Ice with a Superstar Lineup of Disney Talent
Disney•Pixar’s New Adventurous Heroine Merida from the Hit Film BRAVE Makes Her Skating Debut
Tickets for Orlando, Florida on Sale July 20 at 10 a.m.
Orlando, FL – July 10, 2012 – Mickey and Minnie have searched the globe for the hippest and hottest acts to perform in the most sensational talent showcase to rock the ice in Orlando, Disney On Ice presents Rockin’ Ever After. Tickets for performances at the Amway Center go on sale July 20 at 10 a.m.
In a new twist on fairytale fun, favorite Disney characters compete to be the next superstar in comical segments leading up to the tales of show stopping princesses – Ariel, Rapunzel, Belle, and Merida from Disney•Pixar’s BRAVE in her ice debut!
“The most exciting part of bringing a fearless and independent character like Merida to the ice for the first time is knowing that she has a powerful and inspiring message to deliver about finding the courage to determine one’s own fate,” says Producer Nicole Feld. “We think her story translates well to the ice and will really resonate with today’s audience.”
Produced by Feld Entertainment, Rockin’ Ever After remixes the stories of Disney’s most adventurous heroines with upbeat music and energetic choreography that will have audiences singing, dancing and cheering for their beloved Disney idols. Mickey and Minnie encounter the most talented performers in the land with an all-star lineup that includes Sebastian and the Daughters of Triton from The Little Mermaid, the rowdy pub thugs from Tangled and the spunky enchanted servants from Beauty and the Beast. The journey continues to the Scottish highlands where audiences will be captivated and star struck by Merida, as an exhilarating archery contest ensues for the right to marry the fiery redhead.
“Our challenge in developing Rockin’ Ever After was figuring out how to highlight moments from these beloved stories in a way that reflects the type of entertainment that families value today,” says Producer Juliette Feld. “By pulling elements from the talent show trend on contemporary television, we developed a truly unique way to lead into each fairytale.”
Show Times: Friday, September 7 at 7:30 p.m.
Saturday, September 8 at 3:30 p.m. and 7:30 p.m.
Sunday, September 9 at 1:00 p.m. and 5:00 p.m.
Where: Amway Center, 400 West Church Street – Suite 200, Orlando, Florida 32801
Ticket Prices and Purchase: $52 Front Row, $37 VIP, $27, $22, $15 (Ticketmaster service charges and facility fees not included.) All seats are reserved, and tickets go on sale to the public July 20 at 10 a.m. Tickets are available at www.DisneyOnIce.com or www.ticketmaster.com, at any Ticketmaster outlet, by calling 800-745-3000, or at the Amway Center box office (phone for information only: 407-440-7900). For group ticket sales and information, call 866-248-8740.
Sister producers Nicole Feld and Juliette Feld have composed their own lineup of talent to create this star studded skating extravaganza:
- Patty Vincent (Director) – Directed numerous Feld Entertainment ice and stage shows including Disney On Ice presents Dare to Dream; began her career at Feld Entertainment as a skater 27 years ago, and has advanced in the company to become Character Development Director for all touring Disney On Ice and Disney Live!productions
- Jeremy Desmon (Writer) – Credits include The Girl in the Frame, If You Give A Mouse A Cookie & Other Storybooks, Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey® Presents BARNUM BASHSM and Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival. He received the 2007 Kleban Award for excellence in Musical Theatre Book writing, and is also a recipient of the Dramatists Guild’s Jonathan Larson Fellowship
- Cindy Stuart (Choreographer) – Collaborated with Olympic Gold Medalist Robin Cousins on multiple projects; choreographed for Katarina Witt, Brian Orser, World and Olympic Champions Xue Shen and Hongbo Zhao, and Olympic Champions Jamie Salé and David Pelletier; lead choreographer for several Disney On Ice productions, including Disney On Ice presents Dare to Dream
- Walt Spangler (Scenic Designer) – Created sets for theatre, opera, dance and ice; his credits include the Broadway revival of Desire Under The Elms, The US National Tour of A Christmas Story The Musical, Maury Yeston’s Tom Sawyer Ballet, Kenneth Lonergan’s Medieval Play, the upcoming world premiere of Tuck Everlasting The Musical and the upcoming Beijing premiere of White Snake
- Cynthia Nordstrom (Costume Designer) – Designed costumes for more than 15 original dance shows in Downtown Disney; designed costumes for Disney On Ice presents Worlds of Fantasy and Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever!
- Sam Doty (Lighting Designer) – Credits as a lighting designer include Disney Live! Mickey’s Rockin’ Road Show, Disney Live! Mickey’s Music Festival, Disney’s Phineas and Ferb: The Best LIVE Tour Ever! and Ringling Bros. and Barnum & Bailey Presents BARNUM BASH. He has assisted in the building and planning of every Feld Entertainment show since 2006 in roles ranging from head electrician to lighting designer.
For the tour schedule and to find out more about Disney On Ice presents Rockin’ Ever After, go to www.disneyonice.com. Follow the producers of the show on Twitter @Nicole Feld or @Juliette Feld, and visit us on Facebook and YouTube.