Do you think trendy and healthy can’t go hand in hand? Well, then you might be wrong. Have you ever wondered why doctors want you to ditch your favorite heels and are recommending basic and boring slides all the time? Well, let’s find out the reasons why doctors recommend slides over heels.
•Doctors know how hectic your day can be and how heels can add more stress to your feet and mind. And that is why they highly recommend switching to black slides because they are comfortable to wear and are convenient throughout the day.
• Heels are not waterproof or water-resistant hence bodily fluids can cause fungal infection in your feet, which happens quite often. While most of the slides are waterproof and can be easily washed, they do not cause any infection or irritation.
• You might go through sore feet and end up going to a doctor, but doctors will never recommend wearing heels as heels are the primary cause of sore feet. Doctors recommend slides as they are comfortable and give support to your foot, and they also prevent any sore foot and infections.
• Heels put a lot of pressure on our feet, and they can potentially cause slipping of bone due to stress, so doctors recommend wearing slides over heels because slides divide the pressure of our body to the whole feet and do not target any one particular point.
• Walking a lot and especially wearing heels can be a nightmare for your feet and can also cause a risk of chronic foot conditions like plantar fasciitis in which you feel enormous pain in your heels and foot. Doctors recommend wearing slides for long walks as they do not harm or cause dysfunction in your feet.
• Touching your feet to wear heels every time may cause germs and bacteria to transfer to your hands and then face, which can cause skin infections, so slides are ideal as you can slide your feet in them without touching them with your hand.
• Shoes made from excellent and soft material are ideal for your feet, but the footbed of heels usually is very hard and uncomfortable, which can cause discomfort to your feet and cause pain. On the other hand, slides are comfortable to wear, give no harm to your feet, and are durable as you do not have to purchase them again and again, and one pair goes a long way.
• Heels put a lot of stress on your feet, so doctors recommend some lightweight shoes and release pressure from your feet by giving arch support and soothing them. Slides are the first choice of doctors because of their comfort and lightweight.
• Doctors come across many fractures and broken bones due to slipping, and heels are the leading cause of most slips, so considering something slip-resistant is a better option. For this, doctors suggest wearing slip-resistant slides to avoid such unfortunate incidents and protect your feet.
• The front of slides is wider than heels, so they prevent neuromas and other foot problems. Doctors consider this wide front as a plus point of slides.
In every aspect and point, slides are far better and comfortable than heels, yet we tend to prefer heels, so it’s time to ditch our worn out heels and embrace slides. Slides prevent many foot problems that heels may potentially cause, and doctors recommend slides over heels anytime, so why are you still waiting?