The Dead Are Among Us on 4K Ultra HD Blu-ray!
In Italy, it was considered the ‘unofficial sequel’ to DAWN OF THE DEAD. In England, it was known as ZOMBIE FLESH EATERS and banned as obscene. In America, it was called ZOMBIE and advertised with the depraved tag line “WE ARE GOING TO EAT YOU!” Tisa Farrow (THE GRIM REAPER), Ian McCulloch (CONTAMINATION), Al Cliver (CANNIBALS), and Richard Johnson (THE HAUNTING) star in this worldwide splatter sensation directed by ‘Maestro Of Gore’ Lucio Fulci (THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, THE NEW YORK RIPPER) that remains one of the most eye-skewering, skin-ripping, gore-gushingly graphic horror hits of all time!
Now Blue Underground is proud to present our critically acclaimed restoration of ZOMBIE in true 4K Ultra High Definition with Dolby Vision HDR and a new Dolby Atmos audio mix, bursting at the seams with hours of new and archival Extras!
Extra Features / Sell Points
Disc 1 (4K UHD Blu-ray) Feature Film + Extras:
• Audio Commentary #1 with Troy Howarth, Author of Splintered Visions: Lucio Fulci and His Films
• Audio Commentary #2 with Star Ian McCulloch and Diabolik Magazine Editor Jason J. Slater
• When The Earth Spits Out The Dead – Interview with Stephen Thrower, Author of Beyond Terror: The Films of Lucio Fulci
• Theatrical Trailers
• TV Spots
• Radio Spots
• Poster & Still Gallery
• Guillermo del Toro Intro
Disc 2 (Blu-ray) Extras:
• Zombie Wasteland – Interviews with Stars Ian McCulloch, Richard Johnson & Al Cliver, and Actor/Stuntman Ottaviano Dell’Acqua
• Flesh Eaters on Film – Interview with Co-Producer Fabrizio De Angelis
• Deadtime Stories – Interviews with Co-Writers Elisa Briganti and (Uncredited) Dardano Sacchetti
• World of the Dead – Interviews with Cinematographer Sergio Salvati and Production & Costume Designer Walter Patriarca
• Zombi Italiano – Interviews with Special Make-Up Effects Artists Gianetto De Rossi & Maurizio Trani and Special Effects Artist Gino De Rossi
• Notes on a Headstone – Interview with Composer Fabio Frizzi
• All in the Family – Interview with Antonella Fulci
• Zombie Lover – Award-Winning Filmmaker Guillermo del Toro talks about one of his favorite films
• The worldwide splatter sensation returns on 4K Ultra High Definition Blu-ray Disc!
• Critically acclaimed restoration NOW IN TRUE 4K ULTRA HIGH DEFINITION with DOLBY VISION HDR and a new DOLBY ATMOS audio mix!
• Features 2160p Ultra HD Resolution with Dolby Atmos and DTS-HD Master Audio for the ultimate home theater experience
• Bursting at the seams with hours of Extras
• National Print Advertising and extensive Online Exposure
• From acclaimed horror maestro Lucio Fulci (THE NEW YORK RIPPER, THE HOUSE BY THE CEMETERY, THE BEYOND, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, CAT IN THE BRAIN)
• Stars EuroCult favorites Tisa Farrow (THE GRIM REAPER, FINGERS), Ian McCulloch (CONTAMINATION, ZOMBIE HOLOCAUST), Richard Johnson (THE HAUNTING, BEYOND THE DOOR), Al Cliver (CANNIBALS, THE BLACK CAT), and Olga Karlatos (PURPLE RAIN, KEOMA)
• For fans of DAWN OF THE DEAD, CITY OF THE LIVING DEAD, and THE WALKING DEAD
• “Belongs In Every Horror Film Collection!” – DVD Review
• “An Instant Gorehound Classic!” – Fangoria
• “ZOMBIE Holds A Special Place In The Hierarchy Of Hardcore Horror!” – DVD Talk
• “A Veritable Orgy Of Cannibalistic Dismemberment!” – Cinefantastique
• “As Gory As The Law Allows, ZOMBIE Set New Standards For Eyeball Violence, Arterial Spurting, Maggot Infestations, Topless Skin-Diving And Zombie Table Manners!” – Chas Balun, Gorezone
ZOMBIE (3-Disc Limited Edition) Blu-ray Reviews:
• “5 out of 5! The release is sourced from an exclusive new 4K restoration that is simply a thing of beauty. I think that it is the best work that the folks at Blue Underground have done to date… All in all, there is absolutely no doubt in my mind that the folks at Blue Underground have produced the definitive master and release of ZOMBIE. VERY HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!” – Blu-ray.com
• “Blue Underground has delivered the definitive home video release of ZOMBIE… It’s difficult to imagine this 4K remaster and three-disc limited edition ever being dethroned… One of the most extraordinary cult cinema packages I’ve ever come across. I haven’t awarded this site’s highest rating to a title in more than two years, but Blue Underground’s astonishing efforts here are richly deserving. DVD Talk Collector Series” – DVD Talk
• “ZOMBIE is a spaghetti splatter cornerstone that looks better than ever in Blue Underground’s new 4K restoration—one of the few absolute ‘must-own’ releases for horror fans this year!” – Rue Morgue
• “Fulci gets so many elements of this film right – atmosphere, gore, story, decent characterization. This is Criterion-level treatment, and in some ways even more impressive. Undoubtedly, some of the best work Blue Underground has ever done, and if you’re familiar with their transfers that’s saying a lot. This is a no-brainer pick as one of the year’s best home video releases!” – Dread Central
• “Blue Underground’s work on this title blew all of my expectations out of the water – the transfer truly is a revelation. After years of seeing this film in substandard quality, it’s a shock to see it in such pristine quality – almost as if it was shot yesterday. Add to that a large extras selection and you have one of the finest Blu-ray horror releases of the year. Beyond recommended!” – The Digital Bits